Saturday, March 13, 2010

Nothing and Everything

Nothing yet everything has happened since my last post...
I spent two months in an eating disorder program in downtown Chicago.
It was extremely hard, but very worth it in the end.
I still have difficult days with my weight and eating, but overall it's gotten a lot easier.
The number on the scale is still important, but it doesn't turn my whole world upside down like it once had.
I still have an unrealistic ideal of what I want to weigh, however I now know it's unrealistic and unhealthy.
Mentally, I feel so much better and with that comes the self-confidence I never knew I had.
I'm so much happier and have a better outlook on life in general.
So much so that I'm trying the dating scene again after 10 years.
With Ed in my life I was unable to date anyone but him.
Now, that he's packed his bags and is moving on so can I.
It's exciting and scary all at the same time, but I'm loving it all.

1 comment:

georgia b. said...

hey, shouldn't you be on a date right now?

: )

um... by the way. ed did not pack his bags and move on. YOU KICKED HIM OUT!!!

hope your date was fun! can't wait to hear all about it!